The ProSensor 710+ from Franklin Sensors delivers accuracy in spades thanks to its 13 precision sensors.
– Has a built-in ruler
– Includes a built-in bubble level
– Has a 21-inch sensing area
– Doesn’t have a screen
– Detects other magnetic objects in the walls, making it difficult to know when it’s a stud or not
The Zircon Stud Finder features a small, textured gripping area that fits comfortably in any hand.
– Comes with a lifetime warranty
– Detects lives wires during all scanning modes
– Has a large LCD display
– Doesn’t give accurate readings on all walls
– Doesn’t have a dedicated scan mode for live wires
The BLACK+DECKER Line Laser is outfitted with a laser level in addition to a stud finder.
– Features patented auto-leveling technology
– Comes with the two batteries needed for operation
– Includes a two-year limited warranty
– More expensive than similar products on the market
– The red color of the screen makes it difficult to see against the red body
The VIVREAL Stud Finder Wall Scanner can scan metal deep in the wall.
– Has three scanning modes in addition to the metal scanning mode
– Provides visible and audible alerts
– Has a backlit LCD screen for visibility in dark places
– Has to be calibrated before every scan for three seconds
– Gives shallower readings in its deep scan and live cable modes than similar models
The Tavool Stud Finder Wall Scanner stands out for its four-mode detection and auto-correcting technology.
– Offers multi-sense technology
– Has an affordable price
– Has gripping around its sides to make holding it easier
– Doesn’t come with batteries
– Sometimes gives inconsistent readings