If you’re looking for a simple log splitter, this maintenance-free manual model is a solid option.
– Priced at the most budget-friendly price point
– Built with bolt holes for mounting the splitter
– Created from high-quality cast iron
– Requires a lot of strength from the user
– Criticized for being unable to split harder woods, such as oak
The WEN electric log splitter has a 15-amp motor that provides 13,000 pounds of log-cracking pressure.
– Includes a 34-inch mount that can raise the machine to waist level
– Equipped with durable 5.5-inch wheels for reliable transportation
– Features side-mounting support wings
– Produces less force than hydraulic and gas splitters
– Noted by some customers that it experienced strain easily
This gas splitter uses a single-cylinder gas engine that has 25 tons of splitting capacity.
– Features a 12-second cycle time
– Includes 16-inch tires to help with towing its 430-pound frame
– Has an attached log catcher that prevents split wood from falling off of the machine
– Priced at the highest price point in this review
– Produces fumes, making this a less environmentally friendly option
This hydraulic log splitter builds up to 10 tons of driving force to split your wood.
– Has a durable steel construction
– Built with a return spring, which allows for quick resets
– Doesn’t require gas, oil, or cords
– The wheels are small, affecting mobility
– Criticized for being slow
Though slightly less powerful than the other electric model in this review, this splitter delivers six tons of splitting force.
– Comes with access to a 24-hour customer service team
– Doesn’t produce fumes or smog
– Capable of splitting wood that’s 20.5 inches long
– The paint chips over time according to some customers
– Some customers received a log splitter with missing parts